A retail POS system undertakes innumerable tasks for a business. In addition to recording the sales information and producing bills, it also calculates transactions and offers safe storage for the money you have earned.
The Merits of a POS System
Here are some points you might expect from a POS System:
- Reporting and Analytics: The data a POS system collects will help managers to spot trends and patterns. After that, you can come up with a wiser plan to manage the store.
- Sales: By scanning and getting access to the sale information within a short time yet still ensuring accuracy, a POS System can speed up the check-out process.
- Staff Management: Thanks to the system, each employee of yours all has a unique ID, making it much easier for you to track their performance during working hours.
- Loyalty Programs: A POS System will help you recognize who is your loyal customer. What’s more, it also groups the customer profiles under different categories based on their value to the business.
- Inventory Management: The inventory will be kept track of continually and updated with every transaction. In case one product is out of stock, a POS System will immediately notice the manager.
Some features of Shopify
Among many POS Softwares, Shopify seems to be outstanding most due to several reasons. Let’s have a brief overview of features that Shopify offers a retail business:
- Payments: Shopify accepts many payment methods. Instead of refunds, store credit might be offered. Besides, a customer also has the right to pay in installment.
- Product Support: As other POS System, Shopify closely keeps track of the inventory and group products under different categories.
- Customer Profiles: Whenever someone makes an order, Shopify’s POS will collect data and then analyze their shopping behavior. The contact information is noted as well so that the shop owners might send advertisements and notifications later.
- Multiple Channels: It can make your retail and online stores become one. In case a particular product is out of stock, it will be stopped selling on all platforms automatically.
- Mobile Support: Shopify has an application for your phone, allowing you to add a product, change the price, or even upload product photos.
Note: Useful as it is, a retail POS System still does harm to your business if you choose the wrong one. Therefore, make sure that the retail POS system you pick is really what your business needs.